Department of Public Works / City Engineer
The Purpose of the Department of Public Works is to Maintain the City of Menominee’s infrastructure.
The mission of the Department of Public Works is to enhance the quality of life for City residents by providing professional public works services to safely and efficiently manage the infrastructure with which we have been entrusted.
Programs & Responsibilities
- Public Works Administration – Provide direction, support, coordination and policy development of the public works divisions; public relations (service requests); budget preparation; files maintenance; program coordination and control; internal personnel management and internal fiscal management; ensures compliance with federal, state regulations.
- Streets – Street maintenance; snow removal-salting and sanding-snow plowing-sidewalk plowing-parking lot plowing; line painting; sign management; street lighting, traffic signals at 13th Street and 14th Avenue.
- Parks Maintenance – Turf management; irrigation system maintenance; beach maintenance; playground equipment maintenance, pavilion maintenance; restroom maintenance and event preparation/tear down.
- Sanitary Sewer Maintenance– Cleaning of mains and pump stations.
- Storm Sewer Maintenance
- Street Cleaning – Street sweeping; fall leaf collection, spring brush collection, leaf/brush disposal.
- Right-of-Way Maintenance – Tree trimming; tree removal; stump grinding; grass cutting and utility project restoration. Work may be performed by property owner, or authorized agent, in the right-of-way but not before submitting the “Application to Work in Public Right-of-Way” form.
Application to Work in Public Right-of-Way
- Alley Maintenance – Grading; graveling; brush cutting.
- Cemetery –Interments, grounds maintenance and record keeping.
- Facilities & Equipment – Custodial maintenance; facility repairs; facility improvements; equipment maintenance& repair; facility maintenance; preventative maintenance; equipment rehabilitation; fuel dispensing; equipment acquisition and disposal.
DPW Phone: (906) 864-6837
Fax: (906) 863-3266
|2 Full time Foreman||26 Vehicles|
|10 Full time Laborers||8 Heavy Equipment|
|1 Full time Secretary|
|11 Seasonal Laborers|
|2 Part-Time Laborers (goodwill contrct)|
The Public Works Department Budget is distributed through several General Fund Department, Cemetery Operations Fund, Sanitation/Rubbish Collection Fund, Water & Wastewater Utility Funds, and Local and Major Street Funds.