The mission of the City Manager’s Office is to provide professional leadership in the administration and execution of policies and objectives formulated by City Council and to develop and recommend alternative solutions to community problems for Council consideration. Our teams of professionals provide support, guidance, communications and leadership to assure that quality municipal services to meet the needs of all who visit, work, and live in Menominee.
- City Council Administration – Attend all city council meetings; oversee council committee meeting agendas and minute preparation; provide staff support services for the mayor and councilmembers; make recommendations to council concerning the affairs of the city; submit to council and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the city.
- Department Oversight – Direct and supervse the administration of all departments, offices and agencies of the city; see that all laws, charter provisions and acts of city council are faithfully executed.
- Human Resource Administration – Appoint, hire, and when necessary for the good of service, suspend or remove all city employees and appointive administrative officers provided for by or under the city charter.
- Purchasing Agent – Implement City Council Purchasing Policy through the development and processing of purchase orders, sealed bids and request for proposals. Review and approve all purchase orders for goods and services where cost exceed $1,000.
- Economic Development Activities – Coordinate with Local, State, Regional and Federal organizations to encourage potential economic development projects to secure needed resources. Promote the Menominee area and cultivate existing businesses to grow and develop as successful employee generators. Promote intergovernmental cooperation and help potential developers through the regulatory requirements of the project.
- Grants Administration – Research, write, report and monitor the application and administration of grants from Federal, State or Other Organizations.
- Financial Administration – Direct and Supervise the financial administration of the City Budget and the financial transactions during the fiscal year. Make available to the public and City Council a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the city. Serve as the Purchasing Agent for the City.